Terms & Conditions
The following is a list of items which cannot be stored. By accepting our terms and conditions you are agreeing that you are aware that these items cannot be stored by UniWiz:
- Toxic, polluted or contaminated goods
- Firearms, munitions or explosives
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable or hazardous goods including alcohol or items containing alcohol eg. nail polish
- Living plants or animals
- Food or perishable goods
- Cash and securities
- Jewellery, coins and collectables
- Extremely fragile items
- Illegal goods
The student must ensure that all trunks/suitcases and/or boxes are packed in such a way to ensure that lids can be fully closed. All storage items must be left closed.
All items for collection should be clearly labelled using only tracking labels provided by UniWiz. New tracking labels will be provided by UniWiz for each collection.
UniWiz will not accept loose items or items stored in plastic bags. If items are received in plastic bags, UniWiz reserves the right to re-pack these items into a suitable UniWiz cardboard box and invoice accordingly.
All items must be stored in UniWiz boxes, supplied by UniWiz, including suitcases. If any items including a suitcase are received NOT in a box a £10 repacking charge will apply and it will be placed in a UniWiz suitcase box. Items in a Suitcase box are treated as 2 items. Any items that are unable to fit in any UniWiz packaging will be treated as 3 items. In addition we can’t accept responsibility for the safe collection and transit for items not in UniWiz packaging.
No single box or item may exceed 25kg in weight. UniWiz reserves the right to charge an additional £21 per overweight item per holiday period.
UniWiz reserves the right to charge an additional administrative charge of £25 for the processing of overweight or incorrectly packed items.
Breakages: UniWiz is not responsible for items that break or leak during storage and transit where items have not been securely packed. Any damaged items must have evidence of physical damage to the exterior of the packaging in which the item was contained. UniWiz cannot be held liable for concealed damage to items contained within a crate, box or suitcase.
Access to belongings
Once the belongings have been removed from school or accommodation, students will not have access to them again until they are delivered back to their university accommodation.
UniWiz will not access any suitcases or boxes at any time unless requested to do so under exceptional circumstances for which an appropriate charge will be levied.
Cardboard boxes will be supplied flat packed; students will be responsible for constructing the boxes and ensuring that they close fully and are sealed with UniWiz packing tape once packed.
All items should be properly packed to ensure that they are safe in transit. UniWiz will not accept open crates, boxes or trunks/suitcases. If items do not meet the packing criteria laid out in these terms and conditions, UniWiz reserves the right not to collect and store these items.
If UniWiz is unable to contact the student to arrange for the delivery of and/or payment for the items, UniWiz reserves the right to determine that the items in storage have been abandoned by the student. A final reminder notice will be sent to the student allowing the student 60 days to provide UniWiz with the appropriate delivery address and details and/or make payment of the outstanding amount. If, upon the expiration of the 60-day notice period the student has failed to pay all the amounts due, UniWiz may dispose of some or all the Goods by sale, gift to charity, or otherwise.
UniWiz reserves the right to alter its storage and processing solutions at any time and to only communicate these changes via the website.
UniWiz will keep all customer information secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your customer information will be used for communicating with you, processing payments where authorized by the account holder and generally maintaining contact with you.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that account information is kept up to date, using either the on-line ordering and account management system or notifying UniWiz in writing, either by email or post, of any changes in account information.
UniWiz can be contacted during the office hours of Monday – Friday, 08h30 – 17h00, or by email to info@UniWiz.co.uk
Cancellation policy & Collection & Redelivery Policy
Orders not cancelled within 5 working days of the agreed date of collection will be invoiced at 50% of the total cost of the order. Orders for products can be cancelled within 7 calendar days of receiving them, but not once paid for and dispatched unless there is a fault. A refund will then be issued within 30 days.
Orders that have been confirmed for a specific delivery day but cannot be delivered due to insufficient address information or an incorrect postcode, or if you are not at home when the driver arrives, there will be a charge of £10 to rearrange your delivery.
UniWiz requires 72 hours’ notice ahead of a required re-delivery date. UniWiz regrets that items cannot be delivered on a Sunday or Public Holiday. Deliveries on a Saturday can be arranged but will incur a £25 surcharge.
UniWiz requires full payment before collection unless otherwise agreed in writing. Products will not be dispatched until payment has been received.
UniWiz accepts payment by debit or credit card through UniWiz’s secure on-line payment system. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
UniWiz will recompense a customer for the loss of an item for up to £100 per item.
UniWiz cannot be held responsible for the following:
> Superficial damage to handles, wheels or the outside of the item.
> Damage due to over-packing.
> Damage to items of a perishable or fragile nature.
> Loss or damage to feet, pockets, pull straps, security straps and external locks.
> Water damage due to rain or snow.
Refers to UniWiz, a School Trunk Ltd brand, or ‘the company’. Company Registration Number: 08053066.
A year equals a standard UK academic year starting in September/October and finishing in June/July.
Refers to the break between academic terms. There are 3 academic holidays in each year: 1) at the end of the Autumn term – Winter/Christmas break 2) at the end of the Spring term – Spring/Easter break; and 3) at the end of the Summer term – Summer break.
An airline-approved suitcase.
A large rigid container for the storing of belongings.
A single item of packaging eg. a box
Refers to all the personal chattels and goods stored by a student.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us with, will be processed by us or our delivery partners.
Any information you provide will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You won’t receive unsolicited telephone calls or mail from us or any third parties as a result of personal data being provided to us. Your information will only be used for quality, training and evaluation purposes, to help us monitor and improve the UniWiz website, or to provide services you have requested (such as information or a telephone call or face-to-face appointment). By using the UniWiz website and submitting your information to us, you agree to us using your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Please notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have provided us with personal information and you do not wish it to be used as described below, or you wish to see which information we hold about you as a result of your contact with us.
UniWiz is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you request us to contact you, or when you request to receive information from us, we may ask you for your name, job title, business name and address, telephone numbers, postal address and email contact details, preferences and interests, or other information relevant to customer surveys or offers.
- We will only use your personal information to respond to your enquiry, to send information to you as requested, to send you goods and services purchased via the website, send you general commercial communications including statements and invoices to you, to collect payment from you, to deal with complaints made by you, to administer the website, and to update you about our new products and services (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We strive to protect your personal information after we’ve received it, however you acknowledge that the privacy of your communications and personal information can never be completely guaranteed when it is being transmitted.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We may use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We may use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
- We will not transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) without first obtaining your consent.
- This website has links to other websites. UniWiz is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.