Terms & Conditions
All items for collection should be clearly labelled using only tracking labels provided by UniWiz. UniWiz tracking labels will be provided by UniWiz for each collection. UniWiz boxes will be supplied flat packed; students will be responsible for constructing the boxes and ensuring that they close fully and are sealed securely.
All items must be stored in UniWiz boxes, supplied by UniWiz. All items should be properly packed and sealed securely in our UniWiz boxes to ensure that they are protected in transit. Boxes must not be overfilled. UniWiz will not accept School Trunk crates or suitcases unless they are packed in UniWiz boxes. If items do not meet these packing criteria laid out in these terms and conditions, UniWiz reserves the right not to collect and store these items OR to charge additional fees to repack and secure your items.
If any items including a suitcase are received which are NOT in a box a £50 repacking charge will apply. A standard box is 1 item. Items in a suitcase box are counted as 2 items. Any items that are unable to fit in any standard UniWiz packaging will be counted as 3 items. UniWiz cannot accept responsibility for the safe collection and transit or redelivery for items not correctly packed in standard UniWiz packaging. Repacking of each additional items cost £30 per item.
No single box or item may exceed 25kg in weight. UniWiz reserves the right to charge an additional £40 per overweight item per holiday period. Any single box or item that exceeds 30kg in weight is treated by our couriers as freight and will incur an additional overweight charge of £40 per overweight item per holiday period. ie. An item which weighs more than 30kg, will cost £80 per item per holiday period to collect, store and redeliver.
UniWiz will not accept loose items or items stored in plastic bags. If items are received in plastic bags or are incorrectly packed, UniWiz reserves the right to re-pack these items into a suitable UniWiz cardboard box and invoice accordingly.
If we receive any Trunks or items that exceed 1m in length, additional transit and storage charges will be applied depending on weight and length.
If our driver or delivery partner is unable to collect or deliver your items due to insufficient address information or an incorrect postcode, or if no-one is available when the driver arrives, there will be a charge of £25 per 3 items to rearrange your collection or delivery.
All items prepared for collection must have a UniWiz QR code label attached to them in the correct place as indicated on the UniWiz box. If you have placed an order and have no labels when you pack your items, you must write your order number clearly on each box. If an item comes in with neither a label nor an order number on it, the item will be classed as abandoned and may be destroyed.
Orders cancelled within 5 working days of the agreed date of collection will be invoiced at 50% of the total cost of the order.
If an order is cancelled after packaging has been dispatched there will be a minimum charge of £30. This will be deducted from any refund that is processed.
UniWiz requires 72 hours notice ahead of a required redelivery date. UniWiz regrets that items cannot be delivered on a Sunday or Public Holiday. Deliveries on a Saturday can be arranged but will incur a minimum £40 surcharge per 3 items.
Collection from and deliveries to Non-Mainland UK addresses including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Wight and off-shore islands will incur an additional charge. Please be aware this will be added after ordering and we will not dispatch boxes until this is paid.
Deliveries in Scotland can occur up until 10pm and you may not receive a text message about your delivery timeslot until later in the day.
If we have dispatched your order, and plans change causing the items to come back to us, there is a £10 per box charge.
If you request your items to be delivered on a Saturday, please note the following: School Trunk and UniWiz office hours are Monday – Friday from 08h30 – 5pm; Phonelines and emails are only attended to during office hours; If your delivery does not arrive as scheduled due to a courier error, we will refund you any additional fees paid for the weekend delivery; Any failed deliveries will be attended to as a priority on the following business day and redelivery will be arranged as soon as possible.
Overview of packing process:
- We will take a photograph of any item deemed above £100
- We will distribute weight evenly over boxes
- We do not pack any item above 25kg
- We will only pack what is in the students room
Items UniWiz will NOT pack:
- Pictures/paper/posters stuck to the wall or on pinboards
- Clothes hangers
- Large electrical items
- Musical instruments which are not in a hard case
We are unable to offer an inventory of items packed. If you require us to open a box after we have packed it, there is an additional charge of £10 per box.
UniWiz will not open any suitcases or boxes at any time unless required to do so for repacking purposes or requested to do so by the customer under exceptional circumstances for which an appropriate charge will be levied.
UniWiz reserves the right to alter its storage and processing solutions at any time and to only communicate these changes via the website.
All items prepared for collecion must have a UniWiz QR code label attached to them in the correct place as indicated on the UniWiz box. If you have placed an order and have no labels when you pack your items, you must write your order number clearly on each box. If an item comes in with neither a label nor an order number on it, the item will be classed as abandoned and may be destroyed.
Your customer information will be used for communicating with you, processing payments where authorised by the account holder and generally maintaining contact with you.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that account information is kept up to date, using either the online ordering and account management system or notifying UniWiz in writing, either by email or post, of any changes in account information.
For any international shipments, all items will be sent under bill payer’s name unless otherwise requested.
UniWiz can be contacted during the office hours of Monday – Friday, 08h30 – 17h00, or by email to [email protected]
UniWiz accepts payment by debit or credit card through UniWiz’s secure online payment system. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Additional holiday storage will cover you from October 31st until the 31st January the following year. Items must be dispatched by this date to avoid full Gap Year charges.
Any items stored under Gap Year and Additional Holiday Storage, must be paid in advance of the new holiday period starting to avoid administration charges.
- Superficial damaged to handles, wheels or the outside of the item.
- Damage due to over-packing.
- Damage to items of a perishable or fragile nature.
- Loss or damage to feet, pockets, pull straps, security straps and external locks.
- Water damage due to rain or snow.
- Items not found when packing or left behind due to being on our prohibited items list.
- Toxic, polluted or contaminated goods
- Firearms, munitions or explosives
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable or hazardous goods including alcohol or items containing alcohol eg. nail polish and perfume
- Living plants or animals
- Food or perishable goods
- Cash and securities
- Jewellery, coins and collectables
- Extremely fragile items
- Illegal goods
- Toiletries, make up, liquids or medicines
For all international shipments it is the responsibility of the consignee (named student) to clear the required destination customs on time and provide the necessary documents to their local customs’ organisations. Failure to do this may result in one of the following scenarios: costs for further customs’ storage, costs to return the items back to our warehouse in the UK or a decision taken by the destination customs’ organisation to destroy the cargo without notice. Please note and take immediate action as and when requested of you via email communication from either UniWiz or Uniwiz’ designated shipping agent.
If your boxes require an inventory to send to the country requested, there will be a £10 per box charge to do this.
If you secure your items with either a key or combination lock, please note the following: By placing an international order, you agree that we may search your items and remove any prohibited items prior to shipment; You must supply us with the correct combination for a combination lock before shipping. Please be aware that if this is not supplied, it will delay shipping; If we receive an item with a lock, which requires a key, we will need to break the lock to search the item.
If items are not shipped within 30 days of a quote, there is a £25 charge to requote.
No single box or item may exceed 25kg in weight. UniWiz reserves the right to charge an additional £40 per overweight item.
All items for collection should be clearly labelled using only tracking labels provided by UniWiz. New tracking labels will be provided by UniWiz for each collection.
If items do not meet the packing criteria laid out in these terms and conditions, UniWiz reserves the right not to collect and store these items.
UniWiz reserves the right to alter its storage and processing solutions at any time and to only communicate these changes via the website.
Discount can only be applied at checkout. No discount or refund will be given if voucher isn't applied before completing your order.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us with, will be processed by us or our delivery partners.
Any information you provide will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You won’t receive unsolicited telephone calls or mail from us or any third parties as a result of personal data being provided to us. Your information will only be used for quality, training and evaluation purposes, to help us monitor and improve the UniWiz website, or to provide services you have requested (such as information or a telephone call or face-to-face appointment). By using the UniWiz website and submitting your information to us, you agree to us using your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Please notify us by email to [email protected] if you have provided us with personal information and you do not wish it to be used as described below, or you wish to see which information we hold about you as a result of your contact with us. UniWiz is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it. Personal information
- When you request us to contact you, or when you request to receive information from us, we may ask you for your name, job title, business name and address, telephone numbers, postal address and email contact details, preferences and interests, or other information relevant to customer surveys or offers.
- We will only use your personal information to respond to your enquiry, to send information to you as requested, to send you goods and services purchased via the website, send you general commercial communications including statements and invoices to you, to collect payment from you, to deal with complaints made by you, to administer the website, and to update you about our new products and services (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We strive to protect your personal information after we’ve received it, however you acknowledge that the privacy of your communications and personal information can never be completely guaranteed when it is being transmitted.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us at [email protected]
- We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We may use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We may use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
- We will not transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) without first obtaining your consent.
- This website has links to other websites. UniWiz is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at [email protected]
- UniWiz - Refers to UniWiz, a School Trunk Ltd brand, or 'the company'. Company Registration number: 08053066
- Year - A year equals a standard UK academic year starting in September/October and finishing in June/July
- Gap Year - Refers to additional storage from October to October.
- Suitcase - An airline-approved suitcase, which fits into a standard UniWiz suitcase box.
- Item - Refers to a single standard box
- Belongings - Refers to all the personal chattels and goods stored by a student