Terms & Conditions
All items for collection should be clearly labelled using only tracking labels provided by UniWiz. UniWiz tracking labels will be provided by UniWiz for each collection. UniWiz boxes will be supplied flat packed; students will be responsible for constructing the boxes and ensuring that they close fully and are sealed securely.
All items must be stored in UniWiz boxes, supplied by UniWiz. All items should be properly packed and sealed securely in our UniWiz boxes to ensure that they are protected in transit. Boxes must not be overfilled. UniWiz will not accept School Trunk crates or trunks/suitcases unless they are packed in UniWiz boxes. If items do not meet these packing criteria laid out in these terms and conditions, UniWiz reserves the right not to collect and store these items.
If any items including a suitcase are received which are NOT in a box a £10 repacking charge will apply. A standard box is 1 item. Items in a Suitcase box are 2 items. Any items that are unable to fit in any standard UniWiz packaging will be treated as 3 items and UniWiz cannot accept responsibility for the safe collection and transit or redelivery for items not correctly packed in standard UniWiz packaging. Additional items cost £28 per item.
No single box or item may exceed 25kg in weight. UniWiz reserves the right to charge an additional £28 per overweight item per holiday period. Any single box or item that exceed 30kg in weight is treated as freight and will incur a second overweight charge of £28 per overweight item per holiday period.
UniWiz will not accept loose items or items stored in plastic bags. If items are received in plastic bags or are incorrectly packed, UniWiz reserves the right to re-pack these items into a suitable UniWiz cardboard box and invoice accordingly.
If we receive any items that exceed 1m in length, additional transit and storage charges will be applied depending on weight and length.
Collection & Redelivery Policy & Cancellation
UniWiz is a door to door service. Unless collecting from a School Trunk contracted school you will be required to ensure your belongings are ready for collection from a main manned reception area or similar where couriers are able to collect and deliver without access requirements or restrictions.
If our driver or delivery partner is unable to collect or deliver your items due to insufficient address information or an incorrect postcode, or if no-one is available when the driver arrives, there will be a charge of £15 to rearrange your collection or delivery.
Orders cancelled within 5 working days of the agreed date of collection will be invoiced at 50% of the total cost of the order.
If an order is cancelled after packaging has been dispatched there will be a minimum charge of £15. This will be deducted from any refund that is processed.
UniWiz requires 72 hours notice ahead of a required redelivery date. UniWiz regrets that items cannot be delivered on a Sunday or Public Holiday. Deliveries on a Saturday can be arranged but will incur a minimum £30 surcharge per 3 items.
Collection from and deliveries to Non-Mainland UK addresses including Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Wight and off shore island will incur an additional charge. Please be aware this will be added after ordering and we will no dispatch boxes until this is paid.
Deliveries in Scotland can occur up until 10pm and you may not receive a text message about your delivery timeslot until later in the day.
UniWiz is not responsible for items that break or leak during storage and transit where items have not been securely packed. Any damaged items must have evidence of physical damage to the exterior of the packaging in which the item was contained. UniWiz cannot be held liable for concealed damage to items contained within a crate, box or suitcase.
Access to belongings
Once the belongings have been removed from school or accommodation, students will not have access to them again until they are delivered back to their university accommodation.
UniWiz will not access any suitcases or boxes at any time unless requested to do so under exceptional circumstances for which an appropriate charge will be levied.
If UniWiz is unable to contact the student to arrange for the delivery of and/or payment for the items, UniWiz reserves the right to determine that the items in storage have been abandoned by the student. A final reminder notice will be sent to the student allowing the student 60 days to provide UniWiz with the appropriate delivery address and details and/or make payment of the outstanding amount. If, upon the expiration of the 60-day notice period the student has failed to pay all the amounts due, UniWiz may dispose of some or all the goods by sale, gift to charity, or otherwise.
UniWiz reserves the right to alter its storage and processing solutions at any time and to only communicate these changes via the website.
UniWiz will keep all customer information secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your customer information will be used for communicating with you, processing payments where authorised by the account holder and generally maintaining contact with you.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that account information is kept up to date, using either the online ordering and account management system or notifying UniWiz in writing, either by email or post, of any changes in account information.
For any international shipments, all items will be sent under bill payer’s name unless otherwise requested.
UniWiz can be contacted during the office hours of Monday – Friday, 08h30 – 17h00, or by email to [email protected]
UniWiz requires full payment before packaging is dispatched unless otherwise agreed in writing. Packaging will not be dispatched until payment has been received.
UniWiz accepts payment by debit or credit card through UniWiz’s secure online payment system. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
UniWiz will recompense a customer for the loss of an item for up to £100 per item, where an item is deemed to be a standard UniWiz box or UniWiz suitcase box.
UniWiz cannot be held responsible for the following:
- Superficial damaged to handles, wheels or the outside of the item.
- Damage due to over-packing
- Damage to items of a perishable or fragile nature.
- Loss or damage to feet, pockets, pull straps, security straps and external locks.
- Water damage due to rain or snow.
The following is a list of items which cannot be stored. By accepting our terms and conditions you are agreeing that you are aware that these items cannot be stored by UniWiz:
- Toxic, polluted or contaminated goods
- Firearms, munitions or explosives
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable or hazardous goods including alcohol or items containing alcohol eg. nail polish
- Living plants or animals
- Food or perishable goods
- Cash and securities
- Jewellery, coins and collectables
- Extremely fragile items
- Illegal goods
Please note: If your belongings are stopped and searched by customs and are found to contain any of the above items, you will be liable for any additional charges that may be incurred.
All quotes provided for international shipping are excluding local duties and taxes, these are the responsibility of the consignee (named student).
For all international shipments it is the responsibility of the consignee (named student) to clear the required destination customs on time and provide the necessary documents to their local customs’ organisations. Failure to do this may result in one of the following scenarios: costs for further customs’ storage, costs to return the items back to our warehouse in the UK or a decision taken by the destination customs’ organisation to destroy the cargo without notice. Please note and take immediate action as and when requested of you via email communication from either UniWiz or Uniwiz’ designated shipping agent.
UniWiz Boxes and Correct packaging
Cardboard boxes will be supplied flat packed; students will be responsible for constructing the boxes. Please ensure that the boxes close fully and are sealed securely so they are safe for transit and storage.
No single box or item may exceed 25kg in weight. UniWiz reserves the right to charge an additional £28 per overweight item per holiday period.
All items for collection should be clearly labelled using only tracking labels provided by UniWiz. New tracking labels will be provided by UniWiz for each collection.
If items do not meet the packing criteria laid out in these terms and conditions, UniWiz reserves the right not to collect and store these items.
UniWiz reserves the right to alter its storage and processing solutions at any time and to only communicate these changes via the website
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us with, will be processed by us or our delivery partners.
Any information you provide will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You won’t receive unsolicited telephone calls or mail from us or any third parties as a result of personal data being provided to us. Your information will only be used for quality, training and evaluation purposes, to help us monitor and improve the UniWiz website, or to provide services you have requested (such as information or a telephone call or face-to-face appointment). By using the UniWiz website and submitting your information to us, you agree to us using your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Please notify us by email to [email protected] if you have provided us with personal information and you do not wish it to be used as described below, or you wish to see which information we hold about you as a result of your contact with us.
UniWiz is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you request us to contact you, or when you request to receive information from us, we may ask you for your name, job title, business name and address, telephone numbers, postal address and email contact details, preferences and interests, or other information relevant to customer surveys or offers.
- We will only use your personal information to respond to your enquiry, to send information to you as requested, to send you goods and services purchased via the website, send you general commercial communications including statements and invoices to you, to collect payment from you, to deal with complaints made by you, to administer the website, and to update you about our new products and services (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We strive to protect your personal information after we’ve received it, however you acknowledge that the privacy of your communications and personal information can never be completely guaranteed when it is being transmitted.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us at [email protected].
- We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- We may use both ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We may use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We may use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website.
- We will not transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) without first obtaining your consent.
- This website has links to other websites. UniWiz is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at [email protected].
Refers to UniWiz, a School Trunk Ltd brand, or ‘the company’. Company Registration Number: 08053066.
A year equals a standard UK academic year starting in September/October and finishing in June/July.
Refers to additional storage from October to October.
An airline-approved suitcase.
A single box
Refers to all the personal chattels and goods stored by a student.